Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa revoked after being pulled over for DUI

Hi Friends,
    Currently I have been working as a full-time employee in an US based company for the last 4 years. I got DUI and my visa got revoked. Long story short. I have mentioned the main events below for easy reference.
    • Came to US in 2011
    • Done multiple H1B extensions without any issues.
    • I-140 approved in 2016 with current company
    • In 2017, H1B extended and Visa stamped in the passport till 2020 February (i-94 valid till same date)
    • arrested for DUI in 2018 July
    • after one month (2018 August) got email from Chennai consulate that Visa has been revoked. (still i-94 valid till 2020 February)
    • DUI charge dropped and convicted for negligent driving and Speeding in 2018 November.
    • 6 month probation till 2019 May.
    Now i have only 5 more months till my current H1B expires and I need to apply for extension.

Should I go back to India, get my visa stamped again and come back before I do my extension? What are the details of the Medical Tests I need to go through in that case? what are the chances of failing in that?

Or should I apply for my extension and never travel to India till the DUI record goes away from immigration (after 3 or 5 years)?

I am looking for suggestions from someone who went through all these (DUI, re stamping and extension) recently. I heard that after 2017 things are changed and strict. So this thread would be useful for others who are on the same boat.

I have not informed this to my employer or immigration team yet. I was worried that this may affect my employment. So i have no idea what to do next. I would really appreciate your suggestions
    Last edited by chinnu2018; 08-29-2019, 09:47 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X