Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer denied - seeking options

All,

Seeking help from this forum to get some clarity on my options. My H1B transfer from Employer A to Employer B was denied, and the Emp B has filed a new H1B transfer with a more detailed job description. But, there's no guarantee that this application will be successful. So, in the meantime, I would like to check what my fallback options are.
    1. I am assuming I can go back to old employer A if that's an option. How would I know that the old employer has still not rescinded my H1B after I left the company. I also have an approved I140 with my old employer and I am not sure if that has any bearing at all.
    2. Can I look for opportunities in a different company, let's say Emp C. If I do get a job offer, can the new employer apply for a transfer from Emp A? Will that have any bearing on the current transfer application filed by Emp B.

Thank you all for your responses in advance.

1. Yes. Your approved I140 is not affected, and it has no bearing on the approval or rejection of your H1B transfer.
    2.Yes. Yes. No.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you so much! I would really appreciate if you could answer this quick follow-up question. I foresee a scenario in which two H1-B transfer applications (Emp B & C) will be active concurrently. In that scenario, does the last action rule come into picture (meaning which application gets approved last)?

Comment

Yes
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X