Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4: I797 also for the wife?

Good morning!

*edit* thanks to everyone for giving me many infos!
    i finally solved my problem
    i would erase this useless message now, but i dunno how to do it
    Last edited by italianlady; 04-07-2010, 02:03 PM.

Which Country do u Live? Wud you be going for visa renewal or fresh H4?

Comment

Hi invisible!
      I live in Italy, and it's the first time i am applying for a VISA in the US
      Last edited by italianlady; 04-07-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

May be these links will be somewhat helpful for you:

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]

Comment

H4 has nothing to with the primary applicant's employer. H4 is totally based on the primary applicant (Your spouse) maintaining the valid H1B status. Just follow the documents in H4 list (In immi help Visas section) and you should be good. You will need to carry the original marriage certificate, few marriage photographs and the original I-797 approval notice of your spouse when you go for the visa interview.

Originally posted by italianlady View Post
          Good morning!
          Unfortunately, the U.S. consulate of the country in which I live, is not able to give us enough info about how to process a VISA!

I should apply for a H4 visa (first time) and i currently live in my country,while my husband is on a H1B in the USA.
          I have been recently told that in order for me to have my visa,

my husband's employer should insert ME in HIS I797 petition by going to the immigration desk in the USA, and once done, they should send me this document, which I have to bring at the appointmnet.

Now, would anybody tell me what is this thing about? I can't understand it's sense! Why his employer should insert me in his I797? is there any website or consulate which could explain better what is exactly this procedure? so that I can explain to him...

thank you so much for any suggestion!!
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks everyone for your help!
            Last edited by italianlady; 04-07-2010, 01:59 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X