Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about H4 visa appointment

Hi,

I have to take appointment for H4 for my wife and kid.
    They were with me in US till Feb 10. We entered US on L1 and L2 in Oct 2007 and changed our status to H1 and H4 in Oct 2008. Our L1/L2 Visa are valid till Mar 2010. We had a short trip on H1/H4 as well in 2006. H1/H4 visas expired in April 2008. My questions now for taking appointment for H4 are

1. What is their state of residence? "A resident of India/Bhutan" or "An Indian citizen resident in the US"

2. "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?" . My guess would be no right?

Please suggest your opinion.

Thanks in Advance!

1. What is their state of residence? "A resident of India/Bhutan" or "An Indian citizen resident in the US"
    >>> A resident of India/Bhutan

2. "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?" . My guess would be no right?
    >>> No.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

---- They went to India in Feb 10. They haven't spent 6 months in India. Is that be ok?

Comment

That's fine. If you check with the VFS helpdesk, this is what they are asking the applicants to select. The only difference in selecting one over the other is availability of the visa appointment date. This shouldn't be a big deal.

Originally posted by needadvise78 View Post
        ---- They went to India in Feb 10. They haven't spent 6 months in India. Is that be ok?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you so much!

I took appointment as you suggested.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X