Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Interview with DUI

Hello All,
    I have an DUI in April 2012 and i had completed whatever needed at that time and never been india after that and my first H-1B visa approved in March 2011 and am going to India in next month and i will go for Stamping,

Am worried about my Visa Interview,do i need to take any Papers regarding my DUI and i dont have nay documents related my DUI as it happened back in 2012.
    If any docs needed what are the docs i need to carry for supporting my DUI Case.

Any help could be appriciated.

Comment

Anyone has any recent experience,Do you guys know which docs do we need to take with us?

Comment

carry all court documents and certified copy provided by court only. Police Report, Court Disposition, fine payment receipt etc. Don't leave anything out. Also, please update on your experience once you're back.

Comment

Also make sure you tell truth about your arrest in DS-160 with all details and VC code.

Comment

I dont have any documents regarding my case as its been back in 2012 and i moved couple of places and didnt have any docs with me.

Comment

pratik7008 I dont have any docs regarding my case,but i had completed my community service and case was discharged.

Comment

Ask from the court and get your disposition form. They know what you mean when you ask for 'disposition form'. It will be asked for sure.

Comment

visit the same court where you got final judgement in past for DUI case to get disposition form and court documents.

Comment

pratik7008 its mineesota and now currently am in FLorida and am travelling next week to India.

Comment

You can call the court and (tell the importance) ask them to email the disposition form you. You don't need a wet signature.

Comment

pratik7008 and abecede i called court on friday and they are sending me disposition form and do i need any other docs regarding the case.
                        I saw somewhere in same forum regarding Medical Evaluation in US itself,do anyone know what kind of medical evaluation do i need to take before going to stamping in US itself.

Comment

Disposition form should be enough.

Yes, they will ask for a medical evaluation (physical exam, blood, urine test etc -so be aware of that..- + psychiatrist to evaluate your current mental situation about alcohol etc) They basically want to make sure you are not an alcoholic or any kind of threat to the community. As far as I know, consulates work with a certain medical places and only accepts results from them. They send your results directly to the consulate after your evaluation. So i don't think they will accept your evaluation result you get in US. If it is cheap, you can do it there and carry with you just in case.

Comment

mahesh254 you still need to carry certified copy provided by court, Police Report, Court Disposition and fine payment receipt and also proof that you finished community service if it assigned to you after sentencing.

Comment

pratik7008 certified copy of what,i asked court they just told Disposition other than that nothing they dont provide anything.
                              abecede Thanks Disposition is there.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X