Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i94 Date Extension

Originally posted by rahul17verma View Post
    I have the same situation, my passport expires in 2015 but my L1 is valid till 2017. Immigration officer told me to enter and exit US to get I-94 date corrected, can I go to Canada or Mexico to get it changed?
    Hi Guys,
    I am planning to go San Diego border by next month Dec 7. If anybody planning let me know. I will join with you guys.

Thanks,
    Devendran.M

Comment

Same situation.

My passport expiring on March 2015 so does I-94.

I am going to San Diego on Feb 7th for getting new I-94 at border. Interested person can join me.

Jai-

email- [email protected]

Comment

I-94 renewed

my I-94 got renewed finally....lol took so long time in the queue.

Comment

I 94 update after passport renewal

Hi, I am located in San Jose, California. I got my I94 stamped at San Francisco airport when I arrived here.

I have few queries

1) can I visit CBP office in San Jose or San Francisco to get I94 updated ?

2) Do we need Mexican Visa to visit San Diego / Tijuana Mexico border to get I94 updated ?

Comment

Extension at Laredo

Firstly – A massive thank you for this forum (& many more online) to offer practical experience sharing platform.
            Secondly – I am sharing my experience of I94 date revision post renewal of Indian passport in USA. I am based out of Dallas (Texas) and the experience is of first week of November 2015.
            The Situation
            I came to US on L1A visa in May’2015 with passport validity up to Dec’2015, petition validity upto 2017. I renewed my Indian passport through Indian mission at Houston around mid-September. I was given stay date upto Dec 2015 (in line with passport validity) by the CBP officer at entry through DFW airport in May.
            Option(s) we Explored
            1. We tried calling and checking with CBP @ DFW airport. I was told – this is not CBP mistake hence they can’t help.
            2. Reading through forums we got to know that CBP at New Orleans Airport (Louisiana) does this. We tried calling thrice and had mixed responses. 2 officers said they would do that and 1 said the same thing as point1 above. We were planning to travel to New Orleans just to do this.
            3. Tried through my employer and they suggested filing L1A extension – which has a chance of rejection (though minimal) and hell lot of paperwork.
            4. Try Mexico border route at Tijuana border (@ San Diego, California) or Laredo (TX) – We picked this.
            The Action Day
            Dallas to Laredo is roughly 450miles drive. We started around 4am and it took us about 9Hrs to reach (with a traffic incident on road) Laredo. I parked the car in multi-level parking at Farragut Street (close to the border). They charge $2 per hour (as of Nov 2015).
            There are 2 bridges at Laredo – Bridge1 (Convent Avenue) & Bridge2 (Juarez Lincoln). Pls set your navigator to take you to bridge1, which has pedestrian option for walking across the border. We started from parking around 1330 and it took us 12-15 minutes to walk from parking to the border. Once you reach the US side of the border, there is a steel barricade. Buy a toll ticket of $0.75 each and use that ticket to open the barrier. Start walking towards Mexico.
            It took us 5-7 minutes to walk to the other side into Mexico. You don’t get asked to show your passport or any other document to enter Mexico. We then took a U turn on the left and tried to join the queue to come back into US. This was a really crowded queue. Mexico charges $0.3 per person as toll to cross the bridge. Pay the fees and join the queue. Ideally you shouldn’t join the queue as you need I94. We were not courageous to jump the queue initially and drooled with the crowd to the neck of the border. We then checked with a security chap and he asked us to jump the queue (which was anyways covered), and go to the CBP office on the right side. This was actually a small room with 3 CBP officers.
            We presented the case to 1 officer. He looked at passport; I129S asked some general questions about employer etc. He then issued a paper I94 (for $6 each) and asked us to walk into US region. This was it.
            The whole process took us 2 Hrs from parking back to parking (without any break in between). Keep your paper I94 and passport ready to be inspected on way back out of Laredo. There is a US CBP checkpost which checks every passenger & vehicle coming in from Laredo. If you are taking any of your friends to help with long drive, pls ask them to keep their passport as well for checking.
            The process was initially very jittery; but I must admit that it was easier when I did it. There are 2 brothers who helped me – Manohar and Bhupinder; in terms of guidance. Thank you guys !!
            Pls note that this is not a legal advice but just an experience of how I did it. Thanks. [email protected]

Comment

I-94 Extention after passport renewel

Hi,
              Can some one suggest me this.

I have got my I-94 based on my passport expiry date .. though I have valid petition till 2018 and with the visa of 2021..

Since I have renewed my passport .. looking for the best option to extend my I-94.. Can some one advise..

Also, there is one difference in my passport.. In my passport date mentioned as ( 07/05/2017) but I-94 they have updated as 05/07/2017 ( this date updated on based on my old passport expiry date).

So what should I do now

Comment

Either your employer files I-129 to extend your status or you exit and re-enter the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X