Need help regarding H1b Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help regarding H1b Stamping

I got H1b approval on July 2009. But due to recession i havent gone for stamping. In between on august 2009, I wrote Toefl and went for F1 stamping at chennai consulate. My F1 visa got rejected due to some reason but, nothing written in the passsport. Now With in 15 days going for H1 visa stamping at hyderabad consulate. In DS form I have to fill up about my F1 was rejected, So now If the officer asks me about f1 what should I reply. Plz help me.

If you really don't know the reason for the rejection, then you can tell them the same. Usually rejection of one visa should not impact an another visa as long as the reason for rejection is not you (Example: **** certificates etc).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Need Helpto get H1 b stamping

Thanks for ur reply. The reason i know is the officer was streesed about the GRE. I hadnt written GRE so, i hope thats the reason to get rejected. plz tell me now what should i say if officer question me like this " you applied for H1b on march 2009 and again why did u apply for f1 on august 2009? Plz do answer me. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I don't think there will be any such question. If asked, tell them that your earlier intention was to study in U.S, but since the visa got rejected, you had to change your goals. Also, studying part time in H1B is permitted (You need need to keep working and getting paid when you are in H1B). So if you have intention of studying part-time, you can mention that as well.

Originally posted by mailsubhashinich View Post
        Thanks for ur reply. The reason i know is the officer was streesed about the GRE. I hadnt written GRE so, i hope thats the reason to get rejected. plz tell me now what should i say if officer question me like this " you applied for H1b on march 2009 and again why did u apply for f1 on august 2009? Plz do answer me. Thanks in advance.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X