X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing of H4 Visa in UAE

Dear all,

I have the following queries. .

1. Does The US embassy at Abu Dhabi handle H-4 Visa Process?
    2. if yes, while filling up the DS-160 form online, should my wife be the primary applicant or should I ( holding H1B visa) be the primary applicant?
    3. I was _not_able to complete this application if my wife is chosen as the primary applicant as there is no option for H4 visa - Please advise.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Sincerely
    Harish

1. Does The US embassy at Abu Dhabi handle H-4 Visa Process?
    >>> Should be. Check with the consulate. If they did H1B for you, then obviously they will do H4.

2. if yes, while filling up the DS-160 form online, should my wife be the primary applicant or should I ( holding H1B visa) be the primary applicant?
    >>> H1B holder (You) is the primary applicant. Your wife is a dependent applicant.

3. I was _not_able to complete this application if my wife is chosen as the primary applicant as there is no option for H4 visa - Please advise.
    >>> See above answer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Sherwin,

Thanks for the quick response.

I got my visa one in the India. Less complex.

She is an Indian citizen and permanent resident of Abu Dhabi and hence I figured she can apply there.I wanted to 2X check this with other members.

I got confused while filling out the forms. Also the website does not contain separate links for dependent visa unlike most embassy website.I have filled in the form as you have mentioned as that is the only way.

QUESTION: she will be travelling between AD and India during MAY and her visa interview would probably be scheduled for June. will this affect the interview scheduling as it is a requirement to have 6 months of stay at that interviewing place?

Thanks again for the help.

Hari

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X