Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping - Salary in offer letter

Hi all,

I have offer letter from my employer(consultant) in US mentioning that my annual salary will be $31,866 per year. Will this salary be sufficient when asked in the visa interview? how can I support it? Or should I ask my employer to give an other offer letter mentioning a higher annual income?
    The job offer is in the state of New Hampshire.

Also, I have done my masters in UK and graduated in July 2009. The offer letter mentions that I have an experience with XYZ programming languages for 2 years? I really don't understand if it is correct.

Kindly suggest me regarding this PLEASE.
    I am very much tensed about all these . Any visa gurus if u have idea, I request you to answer Please
    Last edited by krishna77; 04-13-2010, 10:52 PM.

As you have completed your graduation in July 2009, then how your employer is showing 2 yrs of experience with XYZ programming language?

Even your mentioned salary seems below the minimum wages for H1b.

It seems that your employer it trying to do everything false from beginning.
    Before joining them and making yourself in the hell situation, check other information about them. Otherwise, in visa interview you only will be in the trouble. Its my personal view, its upto you....

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
    Originally posted by vinay77 View Post
    Hi all,

I have offer letter from my employer(consultant) in US mentioning that my annual salary will be $31,866 per year. Will this salary be sufficient when asked in the visa interview? how can I support it? Or should I ask my employer to give an other offer letter mentioning a higher annual income?
    The job offer is in the state of New Hampshire.

Also, I have done my masters in UK and graduated in July 2009. The offer letter mentions that I have an experience with XYZ programming languages for 2 years? I really don't understand if it is correct.

Kindly suggest me regarding this PLEASE.
    I am very much tensed about all these . Any visa gurus if u have idea, I request you to answer Please

Thanks & Regards,
    Vinay

Comment

Hi Sir,

Thankyou for your response. I will surely ask him for a new offer letter mentioning a higher salary .
      Sir do you have any idea of what the minimum pay should be for a "Programmer analyst" to work in New Hampshire be?

And should I ask him to mention that I have done masters and got the job offer based on my studies?

I request you Please respond soon so that I can plan everything accordingly.
      Last edited by krishna77; 04-13-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinay77 View Post
        Hi Sir,

Thankyou for your response. I will surely ask him for a new offer letter mentioning a higher salary .
        Sir do you have any idea of what the minimum pay should be for a "Programmer analyst" to work in New Hampshire be?

And should I ask him to mention that I have done masters and got the job offer based on my studies?

Its upto you and that employer wether to take a risk or not.

I request you Please respond soon so that I can plan everything accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,
        Vinay .
        I guess, the minimum salary should be between $48k to $52k per annum based on the state. I will try to find and update you what should be the exact amount for Hampshire.
        Go through the links which should be helpful:

https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-holder-rights/

Comment

Thankyou for the reply Sir. The links are really helpful.
          I will explain my case to you.

I have done my B.Tech in 2007 and I started my Masters in UK in Jan 2008. So there was a gap of 7 months in between. I am planning to get a work experience letter for this. Do you think it is useful?

I am done with my Masters in July 2009 and I have started this H1b processing in aug09 and my h1b petition was approved on oct30th 2009. I initially planned to go to London consulate but the "consulate" is left blank on my I-797 form. So my employer applied again so that I can get consulate as London on I-797. But the ammended approval notice never came back and so I have now decided to go for visa interview at HYD as there is no consulate name mentioned in I-797 and as I am a resident of AP.

can you suggest anything about how my offer letter based on my background .. just a few lines of hint from you is really appreciable. Kindly help me Sir as my employer couldn't respond to my phone calls often.
          I understand that you will have no responsibility with whatever you say regarding the offer letter.
          But kindly consider this as a help to your friend and respond PLEASEEEEEE.

Thanku
          Last edited by krishna77; 04-13-2010, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Krishna/Vinay:

Just search on google. You will get tons of these formats. But again, my advise is, don't make any wrong things or don't let the employer to do any wrong things for you. It will be harmful more than one can think in future. And after all, employer will find alterneates to come out of the situation. Only employee will have to face.

Originally posted by krishna77 View Post
            Thankyou for the reply Sir. The links are really helpful.
            I will explain my case to you.

I have done my B.Tech in 2007 and I started my Masters in UK in Jan 2008. So there was a gap of 7 months in between. I am planning to get a work experience letter for this. Do you think it is useful?

I am done with my Masters in July 2009 and I have started this H1b processing in aug09 and my h1b petition was approved on oct30th 2009. I initially planned to go to London consulate but the "consulate" is left blank on my I-797 form. So my employer applied again so that I can get consulate as London on I-797. But the ammended approval notice never came back and so I have now decided to go for visa interview at HYD as there is no consulate name mentioned in I-797 and as I am a resident of AP.

can you suggest anything about how my offer letter based on my background .. just a few lines of hint from you is really appreciable. Kindly help me Sir as my employer couldn't respond to my phone calls often.
            I understand that you will have no responsibility with whatever you say regarding the offer letter.
            But kindly consider this as a help to your friend and respond PLEASEEEEEE.

Thanku

Comment

H1B salary

Hello Krishna,

Even though your employer will issue you a higher pay in your employment letter, you will need to show the same in the pay stubs as proof. Can your employer show higher income in the pay stub?

You cannot have one salary in pay stubs and another salary in Employment letter. Your employer is exploiting you.

What is the need for you to go for visa stamping at this time? Do you have any immediate travel plan out of US?

If not I would suggest you to improve your salary or search for another employer with better pay.

All the best!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X