H1B question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B question

My first H1B petition was issued in 2004 with expiry date as Aug 2007 from Employer A.

I came to USA in June 2005 through A with visa & I-94 expiry date as Aug 2007. In Oct 2006, I joined employer B after getting the H1B transfer done. My new H1B with employer B is valid from Oct 2006 to Sept 2009. I am still with Emp B and after applying for extension in 2009, I received my extension with dates from July 2009 to June 2012.

So, I entered USA in June 2005 and I can stay legally on H1 for 6 years means until June 2011. Now how can USCIS extend until 2012? Please someone clarify. Thanks.

Whatever extra months you got more than you predicted, did you spend the same number of months outside of USA as a vacation or something during your stay in US?
    Or other possibility is, did you applied for GC? Did your labour, I-140 approved?

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
    Last edited by milda; 04-15-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by milda View Post
      Whatever extra months you got more than you predicted, did you spend the same number of months outside of USA as a vacation or something during your stay in US?
      Or other possibility is, did you applied for GC? Did your labour, I-140 approved?

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
      As of the date when I received the extension in July 2009 - I never left US for a single day since I came here in June 2005.
      My perm was under pending when I received the extension. (Later perm got approved in dec 2009 and 140 also in jan 2010).

thanks.

Comment

It is your responsibility to make sure that you don't overstay beyond 6 years in H1B (assuming you are not eligible to apply for the 7th year extension based on the pending PERM or I-140 approval) even if the extension is approved beyond the 6 year limit.

Originally posted by idlebrain View Post
        As of the date when I received the extension in July 2009 - I never left US for a single day since I came here in June 2005.
        My perm was under pending when I received the extension. (Later perm got approved in dec 2009 and 140 also in jan 2010).

thanks.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X