Archery Practice on H4 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archery Practice on H4 Visa

I am on H1B visa and my 10 year old son on H4 visa wants to learn archery near our residence in San Diego, CA. Will the practice of archery affect his future prospects of H4 visa renewal and/or his future work visa? Is archery classified as firearms practice in case of immigrants?

A firearm is defined as "a rifle, pistol, or other portable gun.". Needless to say, archery is not a firearm.

Also, even if he wanted to learn to shoot (firearm practice), it will not affect any visa as long as he goes to a range and rents the gun for a period of time.

Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by aguyonh1 View Post
      I am on H1B visa and my 10 year old son on H4 visa wants to learn archery near our residence in San Diego, CA. Will the practice of archery affect his future prospects of H4 visa renewal and/or his future work visa? Is archery classified as firearms practice in case of immigrants?
      So as long as it's a registered act, its fine? Great to know! For firearm practice though, you gotta rent guns officially right? Can't just have it sold to you without paper trail I assume?
      Last edited by Jeebz; 09-08-2023, 09:33 AM.
      Sup

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X