H1B status- payroll - urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B status- payroll - urgent

Is it legal having two employers running payroll for same time period?
    I am working for Company A. Recently transferred my H1b to company B which is not yet approved. I do not want to resign from company A till h1b with company B approves. And end client of company B can not wait and wanted me to start and I already started working. I am like working 40hrs (company A) + 40 hrs (Company B- remotely) per week. So payroll has been running from two companies from last two months. Is this legal? Will it create any problem in my future in US? Any issue while filling taxes as I will be having two W2s for two months?
    Please advice?

What you are doing is illegal. If you want to work for both the employers, then your second H1B should have got approved as a concurrent H1B. There is going to be an overlap in the W2 that you will get for 2010.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Sherwin143.. Thanks for the response.
      Mi H1B with Compnay B is not yet approved(Under RFE) though I got reciept.
      What options I have now to make it off illegal. Can I ask Company B to stop payroll? Please suggest the steps i have to take now incase your are aware of any?
      Last edited by payroll007; 04-16-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Either work with employer A or employer B. Make sure you get the pay slip from only one employer. If you transfer is in RFE, then I would suggest you to stick to employer A until your RFE gets cleared. I am not aware of any ways to correct the payslips that was already generated. Probably the company finance department should be able to help you.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X