Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 to h4

Hi

I am on h1 visa currently and would want to transfer to h-4. my husband is in the process of transferring his H-1 to another company. I had few questions related to same:
    1) Would it be a good idea for me to file for my dependent visa at the same time his new company applies for his H-1 transfer or should I wait until his H-1 transfer is approved?
    2) If I file for my H-4 with his H-1 transfer, and if the approval comes in couple of weeks- in that case; do I have to immediately stop working or I can continue on H-1 for couple of weeks?
    3) If I wait until my husband's H-1 transfer is complete, after how long can I file for my H-1 to H4? Do I need his paystubs from new company and wait until then to file for my transfer?
    **Please help advise on this as we need to make few decisions based on the suggestions.
    Also, does anyone know about health insurance that can be continued for couple of weeks if you resign from your current job.

Appreciate your help

Thanks
    XYZ

1) Would it be a good idea for me to file for my dependent visa at the same time his new company applies for his H-1 transfer or should I wait until his H-1 transfer is approved?
    >>> You can do that. What company your husband works for doesn't matter when you apply for H4. All that matters is whether your husband maintained his valid H1B status or not.

2) If I file for my H-4 with his H-1 transfer, and if the approval comes in couple of weeks- in that case; do I have to immediately stop working or I can continue on H-1 for couple of weeks?
    >>> You can work until the H4 gets approved. After that you need to stop working immediately.

3) If I wait until my husband's H-1 transfer is complete, after how long can I file for my H-1 to H4? Do I need his paystubs from new company and wait until then to file for my transfer?
    >>> His recent payslips are required to prove that he wasin valid H1B status. Whether it is from previous company or new copany doesn't matter for H4.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X