Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping without H1B stamp

Hi

My husband changed his status from L1 - H1B within US so he has no stamping on his passport. He is currently working in US. I am presently in India planning to go for H4 stamping. Is it possible to get H4 stamping appointment under this situation.

Thank you in advance.

Yes. You just need the approved H1B petition from your husband. Here is the list of required documents for H4 stamping.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi shervin143

Thanks for your reply.
      But the thing is they are not ready to accept papers for an appointment as H1B stamp is not available. Is there anything I can convince them?

I have all the papers in order except H1B stamp.

Comment

Who is not accepting? It is not necessary for the primary H1B holder to have the visa stamped in order for the H4 to get it stamped later. Like mentioned earlier, all that you need is the original H1B approval notoce from your husband. His passport copies / visa copy is not required. Didyou check the H4 document list that I provided earlier?

If you still have doubts, then take to the VFS helpdesk.

Originally posted by syspine View Post
        Hi shervin143

Thanks for your reply.
        But the thing is they are not ready to accept papers for an appointment as H1B stamp is not available. Is there anything I can convince them?

Comment

Hi,

I dont have the original I797 and I129, it is with his employer in US. I have the copy of it. Is there any issue for the interview?

Comment

This depends on the VO. There are chances that you might get a 221g requesting for the original documents, which could delay your travel plans.

Originally posted by syspine View Post
            Hi,

I dont have the original I797 and I129, it is with his employer in US. I have the copy of it. Is there any issue for the interview?

Comment

hi syspine,
              Please tell me if your visa is through without your husband's h1 stamping. I am planning for the same.

Comment

Please tell me if your visa is through without your husband's h1 stamping. I am planning for the same.
                Yes, without any issues.
                Just make sure to carry last 2-3 pay stubs + approved petition copy of h1b holder.

Comment

H4 Stamping without H1 Stamping

Hi syspine,
                  As per your comments
                  "
                  Thanks for your reply.

"

I am sending my wife for H4 stamping and even i do not have an H1 Stamping..Please let me know where did they not accept to take the documents and how did you overcome it ..Any suggestions are most welcome.

Comment

H4 Stamping without H1B stamp

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                    Yes. You just need the approved H1B petition from your husband. Here is the list of required documents for H4 stamping.
                    https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
                    HEllo,
                    MY husband is on H4 visa since 2008 & we have not been to India since then. Our labor already approved & waiting for GC now. this year I am planning to go INdia . can I go since H4 visa has not been stamped?
                    one of my friend said that I can not go to stamp visa in India since my husband is not coming & he has not stamped Visa.
                    please advise.
                    thanks

Comment

H4 stamping with h1 holder

Hi Sadhna,

Did you get a clarity on this ? i am in the same situation. Any suggestion would be of great help.

Originally posted by Sadhna View Post
                      HEllo,
                      MY husband is on H4 visa since 2008 & we have not been to India since then. Our labor already approved & waiting for GC now. this year I am planning to go INdia . can I go since H4 visa has not been stamped?
                      one of my friend said that I can not go to stamp visa in India since my husband is not coming & he has not stamped Visa.
                      please advise.
                      thanks

Comment

Hello everyone
                        I am in the same situation, my H1B is not stamped and my family will be visiting India soon and will have to go for H4 visa stamping?
                        Any idea if this is ok? or I/H1B applicant need to be present in order to get their H4 visa stamped ?

Please let me know, thanking you in advance.

best regards,

Comment

Hello,everyone
                          I appeared for h4 visa interview on 14th january 2020.
                          VO just asked me basic questions like,,when is your marriage date? She asked me Marriage cartificate??marriage photo album??then she asked ...where is your husbnd???I said he is in d USA...
                          Then she started typing something and something
                          she asked me again one question???have u applied f2 visa before??? I said yes...my hubby recently got h1b..I came to back to india to meet my parents and to process my visa change...

she took my passport and said your visa needs further administrative prcoessing..thank you

Am checking visa status ....first case updated 14th janury 2020..later ,It shows that case updated to 17january 2020...
                          actually what was the problem??
                          Is there any further delay on my travel plans??
                          when can I expect my visa to get issue??
                          Please please any one on same sitaution..please respond that will be really a great help??

Comment

Actually she gave me 221g white slip and she took my passport....and said your visa needs further administrative processing..

Comment

Hi
                              Myself and dependent (wife & daughter) have approved I-797 , we are visiting India.
                              My wife and I are eligible for drop box but my daughter has to appear in person interview (she's 14+) , can she go for interview without my stamped VISA
                              there is overlap between my visa stamping through drop box and my daughter visa stamping date
                              or Does she need to wait until I received my stamped VISA on passport?
                              Appreciate quick response any one can.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X