Travel out of the US once H1B transfer for new employer is approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel out of the US once H1B transfer for new employer is approved

This is my situation. I'm with company A on a H-1B . I got my H-1B approval to transfer to company B (as of Nov 15). My joining date for company B is Jan 13. I would like to take a vacation and go travel outside the country before I give my notice to leave in company A. To be more specific, I want to travel outside the US between Dec 10 - Dec 30, come back to company A, give my notice, quit company A on Jan 10 and then join company B on Jan 13. In this case, what should I do? (Note: I don't need any new stamp on my passport as my visa is valid till Feb 2020)
    My understanding is, when I enter the country on Dec 31, I should show the I-797 of company A on entry so that I can continue to work for company A. Once I resign from company A (on Jan 10), I need to leave the country again (or go to a border port of entry) and re-enter and show the I-797 of company B so that I can start working for company B. Is that correct? Or is there any simpler option?
    If I need to do the above, do I need to leave the country, or can I just to a border port of entry (say the San Ysidro port of entry at San Diego) to get the I-94 of company B activated?
    I hope I have given all necessary information above. If you need any further clarifications let me know, Your help is very much appreciated.
    Last edited by sri2000; 11-21-2019, 06:21 PM.

Did you get reply regarding this case ?? I am also on the same board. Let me know if you heard anything.

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X