Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Revoke, Is my initial petition still valid ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Revoke, Is my initial petition still valid ?

Hello there,

It would be real help if someone could help me with the below situation

My H1B was approved for X company in 2015 and my 6yr cap ends in 2021. Worked for X company for 4yrs, resigned and moved to India.
    As per my initial petition my H1B validity was until 2021, After I resigned X company has revoked my petition with USCIS.

coming to my question, Where do I currently stand ?

Does the above scenario means, if I have to apply for H1B again from a different company, is that going to be a fresh application (going thru lottery) process ?
    Or am I exempted from lottery process as my initial petition was valid until 2021. What is the way forward and how ?

Appreciate experts view on this. Thanks!

Your new employer can file a cap exempt petition on your behalf. You qualify for cap exemption since you have a balance left on your 6 yrs., and you have had a valid H1 status in the past 6 yrs.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

So it is going to be a new application all together but qualifies as a cap exempt. Validity will be remaining years in total 6yrs...correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddy77 View Post
        Thanks for the reply

So it is going to be a new application all together but qualifies as a cap exempt. Validity will be remaining years in total 6yrs...correct ?
        Yes.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X