Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Promotion during Green card (currently PERM in progress) process. Will this impact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion during Green card (currently PERM in progress) process. Will this impact?

HI,

I have been working with Company A from past 4 years as a Sr. Test engineer. Currently my Green card - PERM application in progress. Now, one of my previous manager wants me to apply for a Manager role in his department. I am interested in that role but hesitating if it is going to affect my GC process?

Promotion is common upgrade to an individual in every company. So, how does GC process works if Company had applied GC for a previous position and individual gets promoted higher and higher by the time GC actually comes in.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vasu

Your green card is processed on the role you are. And, since this is change in the role, it will have an affect. This also means that it will an amendment to your GC processing. But considering the timelines of visa processing today, this will happen in your career frequently. So, i dont think you should skip such chances.

Work with your legal team to ensure you get your promotion and your filing date does not get changed too.

Comment

What if your role does not change with promotion? like a promotion from Technology Manager to Senior Technology Manager.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X