Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa approved by VO but visa status shows 'Administrative processing'

Hi All,
    I gave my H1B visa interview in Mumbai VAC on 11/19/2019 and VO said that my visa is approved and I will receive my passport in 3-4 days. I did not receive anything by 11/27 so I started checking passport and visa status. Passport status says that it is still with US Consulate/Embassy. Visa status was updated on 11/26 to 'Administrative Processing'
    I was not given any slips for submitting more information/documents. Can anyone suggest what to do next?
    Thanks in advance.

Hi sahilsakpal89 ,

Any update on your passport status. And what was your previous visa type before interview?

Comment

@sahilsakpal89

Can you tell us what your status is now? I am in a similar situation too. Very worried.

Comment

Do not worry, 'Administrative Processing' is a generic status for every case while they are processing your visa application even if you were not handed a 221g slip.

Comment

Originally posted by sahilsakpal89 View Post
          Hi All,
          I gave my H1B visa interview in Mumbai VAC on 11/19/2019 and VO said that my visa is approved and I will receive my passport in 3-4 days. I did not receive anything by 11/27 so I started checking passport and visa status. Passport status says that it is still with US Consulate/Embassy. Visa status was updated on 11/26 to 'Administrative Processing'
          I was not given any slips for submitting more information/documents. Can anyone suggest what to do next?
          Thanks in advance.
          Relax. Unless you got any slip from VO you are good. You will receive your passport sooner. Most of the companies schedule for visa stamping during this time frame and the consulate generally are overloaded with applications. So things get slow.

Comment

Can you please share an update? After how many days you received your passport? I am in similar boat and worried as it keeps showing Administrative processing even though Visa Officer mentioned that it is approved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X