Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Requried - DS 160 form

Hi everyone,

Can you please help me with the following sections for DS-160 for H1B PLEASE

I have completed my masters in July 2009 and my H1B petition was approved on Oct30th.
    I was idle until now since Oct 30th 2009.

What should my primary occupation be in "Present Work/Education/Training Information section?"

Also, for "Present Employer or School Name AND Present Employer or school address", should I have to give the US employer as present employer as I have been given an offer? Or since I graduated and did no job until now, should I have to mention my School name?

Kindly help me . PLEASEEEE

Thankyou.

Mention school name as you have not worked yet. Otherwise, once they will start to ask for your experience documents, you will be in trouble.
    [Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
    Last edited by milda; 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Was your H1B a COS from F1? If yes, then you need to be working and getting paid. You need to enter the information of the employer. You cannot mention "SCHOOL" as you are no longer in F1 status. If you don't have play slips, then you are out of status.

If your H1B was not a COS, then what status were you in from the date of your graduation until now?

Originally posted by krishna77 View Post
      Hi everyone,

Can you please help me with the following sections for DS-160 for H1B PLEASE

I have completed my masters in July 2009 and my H1B petition was approved on Oct30th.
      I was idle until now since Oct 30th 2009.

What should my primary occupation be in "Present Work/Education/Training Information section?"

Also, for "Present Employer or School Name AND Present Employer or school address", should I have to give the US employer as present employer as I have been given an offer? Or since I graduated and did no job until now, should I have to mention my School name?

Kindly help me . PLEASEEEE

Thankyou.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thankyou for your responses.

I have never been to US before. I have done my masters in UK and I am done by July 2009.

So what should I mention now?

Kindly reply.

Thanking you once again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X