Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VO said visa approved but ceacc shows "Refused"

Hi all

Can someone who has an idea about the scenario I am facing help me out?

I had my H1B visa interview yesterday morning 12/05 and the VO asked me minimum of 15 questions ranging from my employer, salary, to my graduation date and opt and if I was ever out of status.
    ​​​​​​
    Then she said that my Visa is approved and stuck a pink post it on the passport and wrote something on it. She returned my I797 and gave me the working rights pamphlet and the slip which tells you how to track your visa and passport.

I checked the status yesterday afternoon and it shows "Refused". I was not given any slip or letter, nothing.

I work for a product based company in California and I am a direct full time employee. My H1B extension was approved a month back.

I am very very scared right now and cannot seem to understand why they are showing my Visa status as refused.

I have already called and emailed the embassy, no response yet. Also contacted my company's lawyers and she said it could be refusal under 221g.

Any ideas or advice please.

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait and see. These days you see numerous instances of them changing their decision later (after the interview, such as yours). I haven't seen experiences where it said refused in error. Generally, it says "admin processing" if they are in the process of issuing the visa after telling people that it is approved.

Track the status of your passport and see when it's out.

Comment

Thank you Mogu. Till the 6th of December, the passport status shows "Your passport is with the US Consulate/Embassy". Nothing is going to happen on the weekend now.

Comment

Called the embassy today asking why it is showing "Refused" and same answer - it is in administrative processing and please wait

Comment

Well that's actually good news. Anything is better than refused. Be hopeful!

Comment

@Mogu

The status changed to "Administrative processing" today. Not out of the waters yet though.

Comment

Not yet, but making progress. It's better now than it was days ago.

Comment

Hi @Mogu

The status finally got changed to Administrative processing on the 11th of December and then Issued on the 13th. The visa they gave is till February,2020 since my current petition is till feb 2020. I have shown them the approved petition from 2020 feb but they did not consider that.
                  Anyways, end of one visa stamping struggle, will have to go for another one next year. Definitely looking forward to it all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by arj View Post
                    Hi @Mogu

The status finally got changed to Administrative processing on the 11th of December and then Issued on the 13th. The visa they gave is till February,2020 since my current petition is till feb 2020. I have shown them the approved petition from 2020 feb but they did not consider that.
                    Anyways, end of one visa stamping struggle, will have to go for another one next year. Definitely looking forward to it all over again!
                    Congrats!!!

If you're still in India, do show the approved petition to the officer at port of entry. They might give you a longer I-94 date.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X