Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer and subsequent renewal question

Hello,

My original H1B visa was issued to me on Oct 1st, 2010 and is valid till Sep 30th 2010.

I got a new job in 2009 and they applied for my H1 transfer. It was approved and the new dates on the new I797 are 10/01/2009 till 09/17/2012. I went to India after that and when I returned, I got a new I-94 off course which was stamped to be valid until Sep 30th 2010.

Now I am nearing the end of my original H1B visa issued by my previous employer and stamped on my passport this coming October. I am also planning to go to India in this coming June. Will I will have to get my visa renewal stamping done this time if I go to India? Will I need a new H1B stamp on my passport from my new employer on my passport to come back?

I really appreciate any words of wisdom from all you learned people on this forum. Thanks in advance!
    -Jatin

Not mandatory or required. You may choose to get the PP restamped. Totally upto you. When you return, you should always present the current employers I797 and make sure that the POE is issuing the I94 till the end of the I797 date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X