Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 for H4

Hi,

I am working in US with H1-b. my spouse is applying for H4 with my below 2 year child. do he become pricipal applicant or I ll be the principal applicant for them? and they both have to complete seperate DS-160's or only one is enough for both? do I have to complete I-134? Please let me know all the details ASAP. Do I have to send any letter for my child indicating no objection to attend to Interview like that? Please respond with all the details ASAP
    Thank you

H1 holder is principal applicant. H4 applicants are not.

One Ds-160 per person.

You don't need to send I-134 or any other letter permitting them to attend the interview.

Read https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

applying for H4 visa, PRINCIPAL APPLICANT(wife) is already in US

hi! i am currently working on my ds 160. i am applying for H4. my wife is now in the USA under H1C status. i am going to apply for my visa here in manila philippines

pls let me know what to answer in the question: are u the principal applicant"yes/no.

my wife is not applying with me so i will be the only one going there. will i still place NO for this question

thank u and ur response will be greatly appreciated

Comment

Didn't I already answer this question in the same thread? What is the point asking the same question again?

H1 is principal applicant, H4 is not principal applicant, no matter what.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

principal applicant with multiple last names

i am applying for H4 visa. i have a question for SURNAMES of PRINCIPAL APPLICANT

my wifes name is e.g. anne curtis smith. this is the name that appears on her passport, US visa for h1c and on her i797. however my wife was legally adopted by her stepfather so by the time that we got married this year(2010), all the court order to change name has been released including new birth cert from national statistics office. so her new name on our MARRIAGe CONTACT is already e.g anne curtis garcia. ( garcia-is her adoptive fathers last name)

she got married to me so her name now is anne garcia-cortez (cortez eing my last name)

what should i place on the box for SURNAMES OF PRINCIPAL APPLICANT? should i place all 3 of her last names or just the one on her passport,visa and i797(smith)?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X