H1B 2nd Visa Stamping in Dec 2019 after DUI Arrest in 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 2nd Visa Stamping in Dec 2019 after DUI Arrest in 2017

Hi, I am hoping for some answers given how helpful folks have been on related topics on this website.

Background: I was arrested for DWI in July 2017 in NY. The charges were dismissed. I appeared for my second visa renewal stamping on Dec 17th 2019 at the Mumbai Consulate. The VO told me since a DUI related arrest took place in the last 5 years I will have to undergo a medical test and a psych eval through a panel physician. She gave me two 221g forms:
    1. White 221g form which had the clinics listed and the directions to submit my passport, medical clinic's fee receipt and the white letter 5 days after the medical test.
    2. Green 221g form which has a hand written note from the VO that says I will need to submit my passport and all my court documents AFTER I receive an email from the embassy requesting my passport after the panel physician test.

Please note that this is despite me having carried all of my court documents with me at the time of the interview. These were also presented to the VO.
    I also completed my medical test and psych eval on the same day i.e Dec 17th. I checked with Rele Clinic and they said that the report had reached the embassy on the evening of 18th of December.

I am confused about what my next steps should be.
    Should I go ahead and submit my passport, medical fee receipt, and white letter (including court documents) since it's been 5 days since my medical tests like it says on the white form or do I need to await an email from the embassy?

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
    Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Anxiously waiting to hear back.
    Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X