Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 petition transfer before stamping. Help Needed!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 petition transfer before stamping. Help Needed!!!!!

Hi Friends,

Currently I am working with Company A and they filed my H1B this year. I am yet to get my petition number from them. I got another offer in company B. I need to join in first week of July.

Please let me know whether my petition is still valid if I change my company in July. Also, if I can change my Petition, please let me know what documents are required for the same. Thanks.

same here!!!

Comment

Currently I am working with Company A and they filed my H1B this year. I am yet to get my petition number from them. I got another offer in company B. I need to join in first week of July.
      >>> In what visa status are you joining the new company?

Please let me know whether my petition is still valid if I change my company in July.
      >>> Application will remain valid as long as the employer doesn't send a notice to USCIS to revoke your petition.

Also, if I can change my Petition, please let me know what documents are required for the same.
      >>> The new employer need to file a transfer for which the current petition should get approved and you need at least the receipt number from the approval notice.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

What are the chances???

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        >>> In what visa status are you joining the new company? >>> Currently, I am in India. I have never traveled to US.

Please let me know whether my petition is still valid if I change my company in July.
        >>> Application will remain valid as long as the employer doesn't send a notice to USCIS to revoke your petition.>>> So, I the company B applies for a transfer before my current company revokes it, Will there be a chance for me to continue in the same quota this year?? Also, let me the last date for filing the petition.

Also, if I can change my Petition, please let me know what documents are required for the same.
        >>> The new employer need to file a transfer for which the current petition should get approved and you need at least the receipt number from the approval notice.
        Thanks a lot Buddy.

Comment

If this is your first H1B, then you cannot work until October. Your H1B will be effective only from October 1st (You can travel only after September 20th). For H1B transfer, your need the receipt number from the approval notice (It will be much better if you have a copy of the approval notice). Without that, you cannot do a transfer. Transfer can be applied anytime (as long as the petition remains valid). If you don't have the receipt number, then company B need to file a new H1B which will be subjected to CAP.
          Last edited by shervin143; 05-03-2010, 02:22 AM.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Is Petition Receipt number enough??

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
            If this is your first H1B, then you cannot work until October. Your H1B will be effective only from October 1st (You can travel only after September 20th). For H1B transfer, your need the receipt number from the approval notice (It will be much better if you have a copy of the approval notice). Without that, you cannot do a transfer. Transfer can be applied anytime (as long as the petition remains valid). If you don't have the receipt number, then company B need to file a new H1B which will be subjected to CAP.
            Hi Shervin,

If I join the new company by 1st week of july, I will just have the petition receipt number, because I will get it End of May. Is this number enough for me to initiate a transfer from my next company?? Because, once I come out of my current company, I am not sure whether I will get the soft copy of i-797 or not. Please help me with this.. Thanks in advance..

Comment

Yes, that number is sufficient.
              Didn't he already say that?

Comment

Got this doubt!!!!

Originally posted by sk4ih View Post
                Yes, that number is sufficient.
                Didn't he already say that?
                Hi sk4ih, Thankyou. A person at my current company told me that u need atleast a soft-copy of the i-797 form. Is this the case or just the petition receipt number with which we check our status in USCIS site is enough. Im confused.. How many receipt numbers are there totally. Sorry, for such questions.. I am new to this area. Thanks.

Comment

As he already mentioned, better to have a copy of I-797, the approval notice.
                  If not possible, you need to have the petition number (case number/receipt number all same)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X