H1b Re-stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Re-stamping

I have question about H1b re-stamping I recently got H1 stamped, the date difference between date issue and date expiry is only 5 months, I never travel to US for job because I was waiting for my visa from very long time, before that I heard H1b visa initially for 2 years but I don't know much details about it. My H1 approval date is 15 august 2008. Should I go for for re-stamping? or should I travel to US for job I have job offer which will be expired in a 3 months and in case I am not traveled what are the chances for getting re-stamp again? I need advice from experts.

Thanks in advance.

Visa is usually given until the expiry of H1B petition.

If your petition is still valid, you can for stamping.

Comment

My petition is valid upto 30 sep 10, I need to know am I eligible for extension because i have not traveled to US so I don't have I94. In this case how many chances for getting stamped again?

Comment

First of all the company need to file an extension. If the extension is approved, then you can go for stamping again. Just because you didn't use that H1B doesn't mean that you can get an extension.

Originally posted by shehzad View Post
        My petition is valid upto 30 sep 10, I need to know am I eligible for extension because i have not traveled to US so I don't have I94. In this case how many chances for getting stamped again?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X