H4 extension denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension denied

Hello - Wife's H4+EAD shows denied on USCIS website and looking for my options. Here is my case story.

H1+H4+EAD extension applied in PP back in Aug19. H1 got approved and wife's bio-metric was completed Sept19. We traveled to India and got dropbox renewal done 1st week of Jan'20. While we wait to return to US, I saw today on USCIS website that "we denied your Form I-539, Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number WACxxxx" .

I am yet to find out what is the reason behind denial. But looks like her travel impacted the application. My questions are -
    * Can my wife get back to US with the new stamping and get new I-94 at POE without any issue? (we are returning on separate flights next week on same day because of flight availability or lack there of)
    * Assuming with new i-94 at POE she is back in status with H4, what options does she have to peruse EAD renewal and how much time impact does this have? I am thinking she can start her spring classes, however will not be able to join her job without EAD.

Thanks!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X