H1B transfer when extension date is very close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer when extension date is very close

Hi,My H1b ext for next 21/2 yrs need to apply by mid of June.But I got offer in company B and they said they will apply h1 transfer in premium processing by 2nd week say 11 th of may and my question here is 1)Is it right time to apply for h1 transfer in PP and wait for 2 weeks as my extension date is very close.Can i apply by june 1 st week for extension after waiting for pp transfer approval? 2)How long it will take for pp 3)Is there any minimum date before which we need to apply for h1 extension because some of my friends told that we need to apply before 45 days 4)Can i apply extension when my transfer is pending ?
    Thanks in advance.

1)Is it right time to apply for h1 transfer in PP and wait for 2 weeks as my extension date is very close.Can i apply by june 1 st week for extension after waiting for pp transfer approval?
    >>> Advisable to apply at least 3-4 months before your current I-94 expiration date by normal process and at least 30 - 45 days before the I-94 expiration date by premium process (so that you will have enough time to handle any RFE's).

2)How long it will take for pp
    >>> 15 days (assuming there are no RFE's)

3)Is there any minimum date before which we need to apply for h1 extension because some of my friends told that we need to apply before 45 days
    >>> Need to apply before your current I-94 expiration date. Let us assume your current I-94 expires on May 31 2010 and you applied the extension on may 25th 2010. You are all good if the extension / transfer get approved. However, if the extension / transfer gets denied after 3 months, then the date on which your I-94 expired to the date until when you are in U.S will be considered to be illegal stay.

4)Can i apply extension when my transfer is pending ?
    >>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X