X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension 221g blue slip, no documents asked

Hello,
    Hoping to get any sort of helpful encouraging inputs

I did application dropbox in Bangalore for my h1b extension on Jan 3, 2020. I'm a direct hiree at the company and this is the 2nd 3 year term with the same company. On Jan 10th morning I got my passport back but instead of the visa I received a 221g blue slip and was asked to attend interview without any docs at all.

I showed up on Jan 13th morning at Chennai consulate, VO asked me very basic questions like which company, who's the petitioner, salary, education and location. I still remember when i mentioned i did my master's at university of Michigan Ann Arbor, he went " oh Sweet". Anyways, he retains my pp, attaches a sticky note and writes something on it, and hands me yet another 221g slip that says Visa is refused for Administrative Processing, and he mentions that this is a routine thing, nothing to worry about, and expect updates in one or two weeks. Today completes one week, but I think including MLK and two state holidays in chennai last week, total number of working days have been 3 days so far. I postponed my previous flight from 13th Jan to 23rd Jan. What are my chances that I'll receive the passport before 23rd (premium delivery active). I'm counting every single day because, for my bad luck, i was supposed to join a new job (with Ford) from Jan 27th, which is now postponed to Feb 3rd. If i can't show up on 3rd Feb, guess I'll have to say goodbye to the new job.

So any encouraging words will help.

Thank you.
    Sam

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X