Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Revalidation at Calgary & Chennai

Friends,

My case is a typical H1B Revalidation Case. I applied for my visa revalidation at St. Louis on 2nd May,04, before the legislation dead date of June16th,04. I got my Passport without stamping with a query "Your case is not clearly approvable, go to overseas for stamping". So I planned for Oct 26 I to go for Canada- Calgary for stamping my H1B. Before going to canada, we need to have a canadian visiting visa for which I went to Los Angeles Canada Consulate for a single entry visa and I got the same.

I took Canada - Calgary appointment for Oct 27th and went to Calgary SFO-Toronto-Calgary. I also planned this trip in such a way that, in case there is an issue with my Calgary trip, i booked tickets with stopover (air-canada) till India and reserved my appointment at chennai.

So at Calgary (which is a small city ) I put up myself at Days Inn Hotel which is on the same Macleod Trial of US Consulate. The next day I had an appointment at 9-30 so reached the consulate at 8-00 am which is 3 kms from and 3 stops from the light rail station behind the hotel. I was the first to reach the consulate and was waiting till 9-00 am. After the security check I was given a toke #. On calling the token#, i went and submitted my documents. I was asked to sit for sometime. The persons who came after me were able also told but they were called immediately in 5 mins and then they were asked to pay the fees. But after one hour of my sitting, the gentleman said, they require special administrative processing for my case and will call me in a day and took my hotel phone no and us residence phone no. I stayed there in the hotel for 6 days but noone called me and one fine day went to consulate to ask them about my status and was told that they still need some time and i can go back to india if required and the same information will be there at chennai. Since going to take time i started to india and went on an appointment at chennai. At chennai I was rather tensed if they make lot of queries. Becuase i saw them asking lot of questions on each person for giving visa unlike calgary. But luckily i was not asked any question and I got my h1b revalidated.

Later on i came to know that calgary officials have called me at my us residence and they have enquired and my room mate said i left to india. (so really not sure they were ready to approve or not).

What I guess is the by the time i went for chennai stamping, the calgary officials would have recorded their approval in the system and thats why was issued the visa without much hitch at chennai.

Please email me if anybody wants any clarifications for stamping at calgary at my email id [email protected]

thanks

Rajesh

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X