Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping 221G Green Slip

Hi,

I am on H1B since June 2016. I visited India in June 2018 before my first extension. I filed my extension in July 2018 since my first H1B validity was October 2018. I received my extension approval only till Dec 2019 since my project SOW was only valid till Dec 2019. I moved to another client in November 2018 and they filed new extension amendment at the same time and I received my 2nd approval til Oct 2021. My family is visiting India now and my wife just had her h4 Interview on 26th Feb 2020. She attended her visa interview with (My 2 Kids) 1 India born and 1 US born kids.

Visa Interview

VO: Ask her name to verify
    Wife : Answered properly
    VO: How long you are married ?
    Wife: 10 yrs
    VO: Have you visited chine in last few months ?
    Wife : No
    VO: Do you have any plans to visit china ?
    Wife: No
    VO: When was the last time your husband visited India ?
    Wife : 2018
    VO: Ask for my stamp visa copy (I have done only 1 stamping for my first h1b and did not travel after 2018 to stamp my 3rd H1B extension)
    Wife : she had the document but she was looking for the page in the documents and took little longer as my daughter was making a fuss.
    VO: Never mind and handed the green slip and marked only visa stamp copy option and ask her to go and physically submit document in Mumbai VAC location
    Wife : did ask the help desk there and they said nothing to worry just go to that location and submit.

Wife took cab and went to Mumbai VAC immediately and submitted my fist stamp page with passport pages , my approved I797, green slip and they took her as well as my son's passport. She inquired about her visa status and what will happen now and the person who took her documents explained its just one document so dont worry you may receive your passport in 3-5 days. Their return flight is on march 17 2020 and I am worried what will happen with the stamping. Its only 15 working days from now and I dont have any clue why they gave her 221G since she is on H4 and not working here.

Can anyone share their experience or what are the possibilities now ?

My interview for h4 was on the 20th of Jan. The VO asked for a bunch of documents which I submitted 13 of feb. administrative processing dates changed 14th Feb (which is when they received the additional paperwork along with my passport) then the date changed again to 28th feb but still under administrative processing and I am still waiting for their some kind of communication from them so be prepared my return tickets to USA are for the 15th March but am planning to change it to 15th April so there is enough time to get my passport back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnie7777 View Post
      My interview for h4 was on the 20th of Jan. The VO asked for a bunch of documents which I submitted 13 of feb. administrative processing dates changed 14th Feb (which is when they received the additional paperwork along with my passport) then the date changed again to 28th feb but still under administrative processing and I am still waiting for their some kind of communication from them so be prepared my return tickets to USA are for the 15th March but am planning to change it to 15th April so there is enough time to get my passport back.
      Have you had news regarding your visa status?

Most Administrative Processing cases times it takes 2 weeks according to people but due to current situation who knows.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X