X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding passport submission in dropbox facility - 221g

Hi Folks,

Please help me with my query .

1. I attended my H1B visa interview in chennai consulate and i was given 221g . I was not asked to provide any additional documents.
    2. My visa moved to Administrative processing.
    3. After couple of weeks i was contacted via email to submit my passport to the nearest visa application center.
    4.I submitted my current active passport to the person at the dropbox facility . He took the passport ,verified a few things from his end and then told me i will be notified to collect the passport in 3 to 4 weeks.

Now , I didnt submit my old expired passport as it was not mentioned in the email specifically and also the staff at the drop box facility who reviewed my case didnt ask for the old passport as well.

I am a bit concerned if i did anything wrong by not submitting my old passport here . Should i have submitted it even though it was not explicitly asked ? kindly advise.

Originally posted by uhaseeb86 View Post
    Hi Folks,

Please help me with my query .

1. I attended my H1B visa interview in chennai consulate and i was given 221g . I was not asked to provide any additional documents.
    2. My visa moved to Administrative processing.
    3. After couple of weeks i was contacted via email to submit my passport to the nearest visa application center.
    4.I submitted my current active passport to the person at the dropbox facility . He took the passport ,verified a few things from his end and then told me i will be notified to collect the passport in 3 to 4 weeks.

Now , I didnt submit my old expired passport as it was not mentioned in the email specifically and also the staff at the drop box facility who reviewed my case didnt ask for the old passport as well.

I am a bit concerned if i did anything wrong by not submitting my old passport here . Should i have submitted it even though it was not explicitly asked ? kindly advise.
    Have you had any news about your visa status?

As long as they can verify you are the same person on the passport you should be ok.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X