Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Change of Status

Hi All,

Thanks for providing the blog to pose our questions.

Currently I am on my L1B, and planning to process my H1B this year.

My doubt is about Chage of Status, I am planning to continue to work on L1B after OCT 2010, till I get a job.

What should I be prepared with so that I could continue to work on my L1B till I get a job??

So how long does it for my L1B to H1B change of status??

Thanks a Ton

First, H1 should be applied as consular processing. (i.e., not as CoS).
    Once you decide to move to H1, you can then apply for CoS.
    2-3 months. 15 days with Premium processing.

Comment

Thanks a Ton, for the quick response.

I wanted to know how does this traditionally work i.e. change of status.....

As I had mentioned, I am on L1 and I will be changing to H1B once I get a job(through consulting compnay), so it is difficult to find a job who would wait for me 2-3 months to join.... so how do other people manage?????

Second question what is the cost of Premium processing ????

Thanks,
      Siva
      Last edited by sivakumar19851; 05-23-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

What do you mean by job?
        Your employer who sponsors your H1 has to pay you. That's your job.

$1000

Read all about H1 at

Comment

H1B Stamping

If have my H1B approved as a Consular Processing, Do I need to go to india to get it stamped ????

Is it possible that I get my H1B stamped without any going to india ???

If no, then how much time I would be giving to get my H1B visa stamped, i.e. starting from Oct 1.

If you have any link or document, please send me the link to the same.
          Thanks,
          Siva

Comment

If have my H1B approved as a Consular Processing, Do I need to go to india to get it stamped ????
            >>> If this your 1st time H1B, then you need to go to the home country. If not you can get it stamped from any U.S consulate that accepts 3rd country nationals.

Is it possible that I get my H1B stamped without any going to india ???
            >>> The employer can try and apply for a change of status to H1B. If that gets approved, then you can start working. It takes 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium. The employer need to provide a strong reason for converting a petition that is approved as a consulare process to a COS.

If no, then how much time I would be giving to get my H1B visa stamped, i.e. starting from Oct 1.
            >>> If the COS gets approved, then you can start working. Stamping need to be done only when you go out of U.S and want to re-enter back in H1B.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B Stamping

Thanks a again.

I got the point here, I don't have to get my H1B visa Stamped until I leave the country for some reason.

And how about the chances of getting the stamping rejected, I just had a mild doubt.. i mean if a person is alredy working on H1B then there should be very less chance of rejection, does this stand true ????

Comment

Hard to predict. They won't reject your visa just like that unless the cause for rejection is you (Example: criminal activity etc). They will first issue you a 221g form asking more documents. If you submit all the requested documents, then your chances of a successful stamping is high. They will reject the visa only if you are unable to provide the requested documents.

Originally posted by sivakumar19851 View Post
                And how about the chances of getting the stamping rejected, I just had a mild doubt.. i mean if a person is alredy working on H1B then there should be very less chance of rejection, does this stand true ????
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X