Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCIS: Temporary Suspension of Premium Processing (Coronavirus Pandemic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS: Temporary Suspension of Premium Processing (Coronavirus Pandemic)

This news is definitely a setback while I'm trying to switch my current employer. What are your predictions for when will USCIS resume Premium processing for CAP exempt candidates?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today announced the immediate and temporary suspension of premium processing service for all Form I-129 and I-140 petitions until further notice due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This includes new premium processing requests for all H-1B petitions, including H-1B cap-subject petitions for fiscal year 2021, petitions from previous fiscal years, and all H-1B petitions that are exempt from the cap. USCIS previously announced the temporary suspension of premium processing for FY 2021 cap-subject petitions and tentative dates for resumption of premium processing service. This announcement expands upon and supersedes the previous announcement.
    Last edited by instatravel; 03-20-2020, 11:26 PM.

I have also filed my petition on premium processing and current status is Response to Rfe request received..will my case be processed as premium or fees will be refunded

Comment

My petition for transfer was filed on March 18th (courier sent to USCIS on this date). They are saying they will refund those petitions which were mailed before 20th not accepted. Not sure how will they treat petitions reaching their office on 19th, 20th. The filing company is saying we should be good. Yet to receive receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesh7722 View Post
        My petition for transfer was filed on March 18th (courier sent to USCIS on this date). They are saying they will refund those petitions which were mailed before 20th not accepted. Not sure how will they treat petitions reaching their office on 19th, 20th. The filing company is saying we should be good. Yet to receive receipt.
        I am also in the same situation. The attorney submitted the extension+transfer in premium processing. As per the status update of the Fedex tracking number provided by attorney, the package was delivered to the destination (USCIS office I believe) on 03/19 10 AM .

USCIS statement :
        "Effective today, March 20, 2020, USCIS will not accept any new requests for premium processing"

Dont know what exactly is "request accepted date" date according to USCIS .

When I reached out to my attorney, they told me that the petition reached USCIS on 19th and hence they dont anticipate any problem.

The situations are changing everyday, will have to wait and see whats happening.
        Last edited by anilthomas26; 03-23-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X