Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B maxout by April 2nd week - Is extension possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B maxout by April 2nd week - Is extension possible?

Hi, I am currently in H1B and maxing out by April 2nd week(No labour/I 140 approved)due to this I am planning to relocating to India along with family(spouse and kid) through my employer.My initial travel planned date was 04/09/2020 but looking at the scenario its really a risk factor as they have cancelled all the international flights to India till March 29th and likely to get extended this ban.Even if we travel we all will be quarantined(14 or 28 days) as soon as land at Indian airport. In this situation, are we allowed to stay in US beyond the maxout date? My maxout date is Apr 11 and I94 expirty date is Apr 21.

Kindly advise.

Hello, I also has the same situation. My H1B VISA is MAX OUT and planned travel on 04/03/2020 but due to situation, I want to avoid travel. Please suggest possible options?
    Can I change my VISA status to B2 while I am in USA?

Comment

Hello, I also in same situation and looking for options.
      Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Comment

As of now DHS is not providing any guidance or visa relief for max out cases . I was informed by DHS to contact CBP offices in Airport and request for "satisfactory departure" stamp valid for 30 days . CBP offices mayn't be open until April 1st .
        Change of status to B2 can be an option to explore.

Comment

Hi, i am also in same boat, H1b grace period 240 days is going to be over by May7h, is there any possibility to extend stay here?

Comment

I have the same situation and max out date is 5th May . Due to the current situation don’t want to fly. really want that we have some update on this and if we can work for sometime in this situation

Comment

Guys. This is an national emergency situation. Moving forward all Visa officials and CBP officials will keep this time in their mind. So its better not to worry about the Visa issues during the lockdown period. Once the USCIS or DHS or CBP resumes the operations , you can reach out to them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X