X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's H4 and H4 EAD

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to share my weird situation and wanted advise on what to do next:

I transferred to a new company 8 months back. In my previous company, my H1b, wife's H4 and H4 EAD were valid till Sept 2021. When immigration counsel filed for transfer of my H1b, wife's H4 and H4 EAD. My H1b got approved till May 2022. But wife's H4 and H4 EAD got approved till Apr 2020 only (validity reduced than what she already had, Sep 2021). In her I-797 notice, we saw that USCIS approved till May 2022 but CBP approved only till Apr 2020.

Immigration counsel suggested to re-file her case, which we did. But since there is a long wait in processing, we don't know what will happen after Apr 2020. Can she still work, based on her previous EAD which was valid till Sept 2021. Immigration counsel advised us to inform her employer of the updated EAD (with validity Apr 2020). Is there anything else we can do to correct this mistake from CBP/USCIS? We are having trust issues with the immigration counsel, so wanted to advice on our situation. Did anyone else face the same situation?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X