Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa transfer during coronavirus

Hi,
    I am an employee on H1-B visa. I am looking to change jobs due to some circumstances, so I will need an H1-B transfer. Due to COVID-19, USCIS has suspended premium processing. Under these circumstances
    1. Can I start working once the receipt for filing the H1-B transfer petition is received? Or will I have to wait for about 8 months for the process to be completed?
    2. Also, if I lose my current employment, and the second company I get the job in, files my visa petition within the 60 days grace period, will I have to leave the country and come back once my transfer is over? Or is there any provision to stay in the country till the process gets completed?
    Thank you

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    1. Can I start working once the receipt for filing the H1-B transfer petition is received? Or will I have to wait for about 8 months for the process to be completed?
    Answer: Yes.. Once you get H1B transfer receipt notice, you can start working with new H1B transfer petitioner with the help of receipt notice. But, please make sure, your I-94 was valid at the time of petition filing.
    2. Also, if I lose my current employment, and the second company I get the job in, files my visa petition within the 60 days grace period, will I have to leave the country and come back once my transfer is over? Or is there any provision to stay in the country till the process gets completed?
    Answer: If you file H1B transfer petition within 60 days of Employment termination or within I-94 validity(Whichever is lesser) then you will be good to stay in the USA and start working with new Employer with the help of receipt notice.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X