H4 Stamping and stuck in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping and stuck in India

My wife (is on H4 via) travelled to India on Feb 14th 2020 for a medical situation for 2 weeks and she had a visa drop box appointment in Feb. She got a 221g and her passport was returned back. As she submitted the required documentation within 2 days, during first week of March she got an email asking her to submit her passport. She submitted her Indian passport on March 12th at Chennai document collection center. She didn't get the passport and with the covid-19 situation in India her passport is still with Chennai US consulate.

As of now, Ustraveldocs.com passport tracking status still shows as "Your passport is still with US Embassy/Consulate".

With international travel restrictions (hopefully) getting relaxed in May, I 'm looking for any options to get my wife's India passport back from the consulate. There is no confirmation on US consulates in India opening up also.

I have a 9 year old and 4 year old and I'm managing in US with the kids for the last 2 months. Please let me know if there is any option of getting the passport with stamped visa back. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X