H1B transfer and not used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer and not used

I currently work as a manager in a large fortune 100 company. I recently interviewed and got an offer from another similar sized company. I accepted the offer and they have filed the H1B VISA transfer process USCIS. Given the recent immigration rhetoric and also how economic condition has changed, I want to avoid changing my employment. i.e. basically reject the offer though USCIS is already processing my H1B transfer. Is there any risk in doing this? Basically will I risk my current employment and might be forced to join other company? or any risk during next H1B stamping?

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    Is there any risk in doing this?
    Answer: No. It is absolutely your decision to join new Employer. But, you will need to check about Employment Agreement that you might have with H1B transfer petitioner.
    Basically will I risk my current employment and might be forced to join other company?
    Answer: It will not impact your current status as long as you maintain status with your current Employer.
    or any risk during next H1B stamping?
    Answer: Please send proper request to New Employer who sponsors H1B transfer about the Employment offer denied by you. And you can also make sure with them, whether they withdraw your H1B transfer petition. Because, sometime Officer can see the approvals that you have with different Employer and may ask the question about that too.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X