WHat is the status of my visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHat is the status of my visa

I worked for 5 years in San Antonio, TX for a company and I had a HI-B Visa, but last year they let me go and I moved back to my country. My visa expires on october this year but I do not know what is the status of my visa, if I can go to USA again or if I can get another visa.

Thank you

You can check the validity of the visa in your passport. What is important here is the H1B petition. You can check the validity of the petition if you have a copy of it. If the petition is still valid, then you can find a new employer and apply for a transfer. Since you have already spent 5 year on that H1B, you will get only 1 more year, as the H1B limit is only 6 years. Alternatively, you can stay out of U.S for 1 year and then file a new H1B petition which will get you a fresh 6 year period on H1B.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

OK! But I already started my business in my country I just want to visit the USA can I go to USA with my visa? is it suspended? canceled?

Comment

Every visa has it's own purpose. H1B is a work visa. You cannot use H1B to just visit U.S. When you enter in H1B, the officer at POE will expect you to show the documents related to work, like Client letter, project documentation, latest offer letter / employment verification letter etc.

If you just want to visit U.S, then apply for a visitor (B1/B2) visa.

Originally posted by foglive View Post
        OK! But I already started my business in my country I just want to visit the USA can I go to USA with my visa? is it suspended? canceled?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

check in Canada immigration forum.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X