Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1 Status

Hi
    I got H1 in oct 2008. But I did not get the job so in mar 2009 I changed to H4
    So, after 3 years means by oct 2011 Iam going to complete 3 years.I heard that 3 years once we need to extend the H1 status. As I am not doing a job on h1 and staying in US on h4
    1. Does my H1 expires?
    2. If not how can I extend my status(Iam not having salary slips, client
    leeter)
    3. After 3 years do I need to apply again for H1?

Thanks in advance

1. Yes. It has expiry date.
    2. You're in H4. While applying for H1 extension of spouse, you can apply along with him/her.
    3. After expiry, yes, whether 3 years or not.

Comment

Regarding H1

Hi
      my 2nd question is if I want to renewal my h1 do I need pay slips and client letter?( because since 2008 oct Iam not working on h1 and converted to h4). If Iam not able to renewal my h1 do I need to apply for a new h1b?

Comment

Why do they ask for pay slips when you're not even working.
        All other set of documents is same as that when you applied first time. Client letter may not be required. But if you get RFE asking for it, you should provide it.
        If expired, yes, you need to apply for fresh H1. You won't be subject to cap though.
        Last edited by sk4ih; 06-07-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Regarding H1 status

Hi
          Thanks for your quick reply.
          If I don't come under CAP how can I apply for new H1b? please tell me the procedure.

Comment

Just provide a copy of your existing H1B approval notice and you will be included in the same CAP.

Originally posted by lusiana View Post
            Hi
            Thanks for your quick reply.
            If I don't come under CAP how can I apply for new H1b? please tell me the procedure.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Regarding h1 status

Hi
              Thanks for you help. I have a doubt
              You have replied that ' you will be included in the same cap ' means what? once again I will undergo lucky draw or they will treat mine as a separate(means they just renewal it)

Comment

They just renew it.
                But it still is like a new case wherein you've to provide all documentation and employment proof etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X