Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we revise DS 160 if we get a new I-797 while waiting for stamping in India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we revise DS 160 if we get a new I-797 while waiting for stamping in India?

We are currently in India. Our dropbox appointment was in early March and our passports were returned with white 221G (asking us to attend interview). We can walk-in as soon as consulates open. We do not require a new appointment as per 221-G document. Meanwhile, my firm has applied for my H1B extension and we are anticipating approval soon. Once approved, I will get a new I-797 with consular process. Assuming that I will receive extension approval by the time consulates open, do I need to submit a new DS 160 when I walk-in for my interview?

Thanks.

Complete the new DS160 and take it with you. You need to let the biometrics dept & visa officers know that you made a change and they need to use the new DS160.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by pagetrip View Post
      We are currently in India. Our dropbox appointment was in early March and our passports were returned with white 221G (asking us to attend interview). We can walk-in as soon as consulates open. We do not require a new appointment as per 221-G document. Meanwhile, my firm has applied for my H1B extension and we are anticipating approval soon. Once approved, I will get a new I-797 with consular process. Assuming that I will receive extension approval by the time consulates open, do I need to submit a new DS 160 when I walk-in for my interview?

Thanks.
      Hello ,

I am in a very similar situation. I dropped my passport while my extension was in progress, and now received a 221G for an in person interview. Can I take a new DS 160 along with a photo copy of the new i797 to the consular interview ?
      Kindly guide me how you handled your situation.

Thanks in advance,
      Nikhil

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X