Restrictions on H4 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrictions on H4 Visa

On the recent Trump restrictions on the H1B and H4 can you please provide any information on my below query
    My husband is H1B visa holder and currently staying in US. I live in India and had H4 visa interview on March 16th, but US embassy got closed from that day. I have another slot in October. So as my husband is in US now can i attend for H4 stamping when the US Embassy opens or it will be banned till Dec 31st?

Thanks in advance.

I am in the same boat. My wife's H4 visa appointment on March 16th got cancelled as well. Previous June 4th USCIS update said, USCIS will send reschedule appointments via mail. Has anyone received these appointments?

As per the H4 stamping, different websites are giving different info. Can anyone going through same please update if you have more info?

For example ******** website has below info. ( https://www.********.com/trump-execu...r-coronavirus/ )
    Visa NOT stamped
    H-1B, L-1, H-2B, J-1

H4, L2, J2
    Currently outside USA
    Ban on the entry Dec 31, 2020.

Visa application will not be approved even if the US embassy reopens till the entry ban is active.
    FAQ's section in the same website says this .

Can H4 visa be issued if H1B is already in the USA?
    H4 visa can be issued by the US embassy if the primary H1B is already in the USA.

This will be based on the visa officer’s discretion though. They may or may not issue the visa based on Trump’s Executive order.

The executive order has given the authority to US embassy interviewing officers to use their own discretion in these kinds of cases.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X