No announcement yet.

Stuck in INDIA for H1B stamping MS graduate, currently employed, valid I-797

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in INDIA for H1B stamping MS graduate, currently employed, valid I-797

I had submitted my passport for H1b stamping on March 16th and I am still awaiting a response from the embassy. Eager to know the recent EO would have an impact on the stamping or travel to the US?

As long as your passport was submitted before the EO, i am assuming you should be OK. This is assuming that there are no other issues with your H1 paperwork.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

R78 Thank you

Comment

Not sure.

Positive way to look at it: You applied for a visa before the Executive order, and the embassy may issue a visa.

Not so Positive: An administrative processing is usually done externally on the DHS Side, and not at the embassy/consulate itself. When DHS is finished with it's side of admin processing, it sends it's decision to the embassy, who then issues a visa. Since the request to issue a visa came after the Executive order, the embassy might put a hold on your application

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Visa.Seeker
          I am already done with the administrative processing (221g issued) verification being conducted by DHS and being verified with my employer. I was asked to submit my passport just a week ahead of a nationwide lockdown in India on March 16th.
          Still, my hopes are alive but as you said, it has to be looked on either side.

Thank you for the response.

Comment

How many months did it take for case action? Is it blue or white slip?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X