Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying L2 Visa

Hello,
    I have been in the US since Apr, 2008. I am getting married in Aug, 2010 and my visa expires on 31/Dec/2010. I am on L1B visa and my company doesn't want to process Visa(L2) for my wife as I am going to be here just 4 more months, till Dec, after my marriage. Now my questions are

1) Can I apply for L2 visa for my wife or only my company should apply for her?
    2) If I can apply for her, are there any additional documents/process I need to produce along with regular docs/processes?
    3)Is there a chance to be questioned that why my company didn't apply her Visa
    4) I will have only 4 months of valid visa , when my wife apprears for the visa interview after the marriage. Is it a negative aspect?

1) You can do it.
    2) https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/l1/l2docs.html
    3) No.
    4) No. She will get visa for 4 months. That's all.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      My wife is a B.sc nursing graduate and I am having a feeling that it could be a drawback for her.(I have heard that non working graduates do have negative impression). Considering this and the circumstances I described in my previous post, Which visa type would be more appropriate to apply(B2 or L2), and that it is more convincing(comparatively) for consular to issue the visa. Please advise.

Comment

L2, no matter what she is, what she did, what she is doing, what she will do, what she can do etc etc.

Comment

I will be returning to US two weeks after my marriage and If I need to schedule PA for my wife any day within this two week, what would you suggest me? If I try submitting D2-160 and schedule an appointment after my marriage, I know there wont be free slots atleast for the next two weeks. Is there any work around for this situation?
          Before my marriage, What If submit DS-160 and try scheduling an appointment for PA whose date falls after my marriage? Is it possible? Kindly advise.

Comment

You can fill the DS-160 and book the appointment before the marriage. You can even mention the relationship as "Wife". The interview need to happen after the marriage. That is the only constraint because marriage certificate is required for the dependent visa.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X