Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing status to L1A

Hello,

I'm currently working in the US. I finished my 6 years of H1B in the US in Apr2020 and my extension is till Dec2020. (My I140 got approved in Aug2019).
    I've been with the same employer since last 11 years. I worked in their offshore office in India for @ 3 years before coming to their US onshore office on H1B six years back.

Given this, am I eligible to change status from H1B to L1A/EB1-c? (This is assuming of course that I'm able to convince my employer management to file an L1A petition.)
    My main purpose of this change is to able to get Green card faster.

Can someone advise?

Thanks

Hi,
    If you got I-140 Approval then why do you need to file change of status beyond 6 years? You can extend your H1B with the help of I-140 Approval right.
    Moreover here is L1A filing qualification for Employees:
    • Generally have been working for a qualifying organization abroad for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding his or her admission to the United States; and
    • Be seeking to enter the United States to provide service in an executive or managerial capacity for a branch of the same employer or one of its qualifying organizations.
    Hope this helps you to finalize your decision.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X