Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Canada with 3 only 3 months of h1 visa validity left

Hi,
    My H1B Visa is expiring on 1stOct'10 (I-94 is also expiring on this date). Today i applied for Canada visitor visa in seattle and got it till 1stOct'10.
    I'm planning to visit Canada in first week of July for 3days. On my return to US, i will have less than 3 months of US H1 visa validity.
    I have the following questions:
    1) Will it cause any problem if i enter US with less than 3 months of validity?
    2) Is there any minimum number of valid visa days to enter US?
    3) I'm planning to apply visa extension in a week or so, is it okay to visit Canada and return during H1 Visa extension?

You help will be appreciated.

My H1B Visa is expiring on 1stOct'10 (I-94 is also expiring on this date). Today i applied for Canada visitor visa in seattle and got it till 1stOct'10.
    I'm planning to visit Canada in first week of July for 3days. On my return to US, i will have less than 3 months of US H1 visa validity.
    I have the following questions:

1) Will it cause any problem if i enter US with less than 3 months of validity?

---- No, not at all

2) Is there any minimum number of valid visa days to enter US?

---- No

3) I'm planning to apply visa extension in a week or so, is it okay to visit Canada and return during H1 Visa extension?

---- Yes

Subramanya

Comment

If you travel to Canada while your extension petition is pending, make sure it is a less than 30 day trip and do not submit your I-94 when you leave the US. On return show the same I-94. This will make sure your I-94 number does not change.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X