No announcement yet.

Counting the 60 days Grace Period after layoff and Start date to new company,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counting the 60 days Grace Period after layoff and Start date to new company,

I got laid off on 3rd July, since then I have found a new company who was willing to file a H1b transfer. They have set the start date as 1st September. If you start counting from the 4th, the grace period ends on 1st Sept, which is fine. But my concern is that if you count starting 3rd July, the 60 days grace period ends 31st Aug, so my start day is the 61st day. Is this a cause of concern?

Thanks!

Originally posted by gorgonoid View Post
    I got laid off on 3rd July, since then I have found a new company who was willing to file a H1b transfer. They have set the start date as 1st September. If you start counting from the 4th, the grace period ends on 1st Sept, which is fine. But my concern is that if you count starting 3rd July, the 60 days grace period ends 31st Aug, so my start day is the 61st day. Is this a cause of concern?

Thanks!
    I believe if the new company already filed the transfer and you have a receipt from USCIS, you should be fine. That means you case is pending.
    05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
    05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
    05/27 resubmitted with explanation
    06/03 Rejected again-same reason
    06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
    07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
    07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
    08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
    08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
    09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
    10/02 EAD/AP received
    04/12 Interview Sched
    05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...