Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 Conversions Query

Hi all,

I’ve a stamped H1-b till Sep 2021 which I’ve used only for 4 months in 2019 as part of my onsite assignment post which I came back to India. I got married in Feb 2020 and my husband who also has an h1b went back to US.
    Now because of the whole covid situation, international travel has been banned in my company till early next year. So we are planning to apply for an emergency H4 visa for me to quickly be able to join my husband in the US.

1) Our assumption is that I can later use my h1b again if I find a new job once I go to US on H4 by doing an H1B transfer?(We also have the option of using H4 EAD) Please confirm if this is possible and a good option?
    2) Will having an H1B create problems in getting an H4 visa? What questions should I be prepared for during the h4 interview?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Hi Member,
    Please see my response below.
    1) Our assumption is that I can later use my h1b again if I find a new job once I go to US on H4 by doing an H1B transfer?(We also have the option of using H4 EAD) Please confirm if this is possible and a good option?
    Answer: Yes. This is correct. But, Once you enter to USA on H4, later if you get H1B Employment then you will need to file H1B change of status petition. If you want to proceed with H4 EAD, Please make sure, your H1B beneficiary has I-140 Approval. With that, you can apply for H4 EAD.
    2) Will having an H1B create problems in getting an H4 visa? What questions should I be prepared for during the h4 interview?
    Answer: No. As long as you meet H4 visa requirements, your previous H1B records will not make any issues for obtaining H4 visa.
    Regarding H4 visa Interview support, you can visit our website which provides more information. Below is link for your attention.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X