Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocation Charges not Paid by the Employer - Urgent Please

Hi,

My Employer said he would reimburse my oneway travel tickets to India as my visa got expired and I needed to come back to India. But I didn't get any response back from my employer when I came back to India and nobody is responding after repeated e-mails....

I have the fokllowing questions.

1. Am I eligibile to entitle the Relocation expenses when I needed to go back to Home Country after the H1-b visa expiry.

2. If Yes, is there any way that I can get it reimbursed?

3. Is this possible at all as I already came back to India and no one is responding to e-mails from the Employer side.

Please let me know

1. Am I eligibile to entitle the Relocation expenses when I needed to go back to Home Country after the H1-b visa expiry.
    >>> Yes.

2. If Yes, is there any way that I can get it reimbursed?
    3. Is this possible at all as I already came back to India and no one is responding to e-mails from the Employer side.
    >>> You should have asked them to book the return tickets instead of you paying for it. Try and file a compliant against your employer. Before doing that, let your x-employer know that you are thinking of doing it so that they may pay.

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

The employer has to pay the reasonable return air transportation costs only if they let you go in the middle of the H1b term. After the completion of the 6 years, the employer is not obligated to pay for it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X