Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 COS please help

Hi senior members,

I have come to US recently and am in H4. I have 4 years of exp in IT industry in India, and i am planning to search for a job here. I heard that the rules have changed for H1 this year. I am completely un aware of where to start off. Please please help me. Can i talk to any consulting agency for H1 or directly get a job. Will my employer apply for me then? Why will he wait till i get my visa? Should i pay money to the consulting agency for H1?

Please experts give comments.

Regards,
    Moumi

Search for the H1B sponsors here.

dice.com
    monster.com

You cannot work while you are in H4 visa. Approved H1B is the work authorization. Paying money for H1B is illegal.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

But i am worried if i will get an employer who will file H1B for me. As all the employers have a condition for their vacancy that candidate should posses work authorization.

Is this usual that the employer will do the change of status from H4 to H1?

Thanks,
      Moumita

Comment

If you have the required skills, then it is not difficult to find a job. Only the employer can file the COS from H4 to H1B. You cannot do it on your own as H1B status is job related.

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice.

May i please ask few more questions ?

1) are the employers mentioned in the database, employers or consultant agencies? And the list is valid for 2010 as well?

2) will they give me project to work on or they will send to the client?

3) As you were saying that a good employers never charge for H1b, so they should not charge?

4) whats the normal time for COS from H4 to H1?

5) can my employer go for premium processing for H4 to h1? In that case i will be able to start working in 15 days?

Thanks in advance,
          Moumita

Comment

1) are the employers mentioned in the database, employers or consultant agencies? And the list is valid for 2010 as well?
            >>> I guess both.

2) will they give me project to work on or they will send to the client?
            >>> That you should directly check the employer.

3) As you were saying that a good employers never charge for H1b, so they should not charge?
            >>> They should not. Paying for H1B is illegal.

4) whats the normal time for COS from H4 to H1?
            >>> 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

5) can my employer go for premium processing for H4 to h1?
            >>> Yes

In that case i will be able to start working in 15 days?
            >>> If this is your first time H1B, then the earliest start date cannot be before Oct 1st.

Comment

Thank you for the informations shervin...i appreciate your quick response and suggestions...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X